The Legal Practice Council is mandated to set norms and standards, to provide for the admission and enrolment of legal practitioners and to regulate the professional conduct of legal practitioners to ensure accountability.
Court Directives 21 Day Lock Down
- THE LPC COVID 19 ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE NOTE FOR LEGAL PRACTITIONERS BASED ON AMENDED DIRECTIONS
- Admission of Guilt ito Disaster Management Act 57 of 2002
- Addendum Determination of Admission of Guilt Disaster Management Act 2002
- LEGAL PRACTITIONERS GUIDELINES - COVID-19
- Notice to Legal practitioners - applying for permits
- Court Directives for state of national disaster and lockdown
- NOTICE OF LOCKDOWN FOR THE STATE ATTORNEY PRETORIA DURING THE PERIOD OF 21 DAYS
- NORTHERN CAPE Directive 01 of 2020 by Judge President Tlaletsi 25.03.2020(1)
- NORTHERN CAPE FINAL DIRECTIVES TO BE IMPLEMENTED TO CURB THE SPREAD OF THE COVID
- NORTHERN CAPE Suggested measures to be employed in the Northern Cape regional courts
- FREE STATE REGIONAL DIVISION DIRECTIVES FOR THE LOCKDOWN PERIOD03262020
- SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS TO ADDRESS COVID-19 IMPLICATIONS FOR ALL LITIGATION IN THE PRETORIA AND JOHANNESBURG HIGH COURTS
- SHUTDOWN ANNOUNCED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY AND DIRECTIVE
- MEDIA STATEMENT
- LEASTERN CAPE OCKDOWN-MEMORANDUM-2
- KWAZULU-NATAL urgent-directive-issued-25-March-2020
- KWAZULU-NATAL LOCKDOWN-PERIOD-COURT-MATTERS-26-MARCH-TO-16-APRIL-2020
- KWAZULU-NATAL DIRECTIVES ISSUED BY THE JUDICIAL HEAD OF ADMINISTRATIVE REGION 6, .PDF
- KWAZULU-NATAL DIRECTIVES
- KWAZULU-NATAL DIRECTIVES 2
- FURTHER DIRECTIVE IN RESPECT OF ACCESS TO THE LABOUR
- DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY IN TERMS OF SECTION 8(3) OF THE SUPERIOR COURTS ACT, 2013
Legal Practice Council National Bi-Elections 2020
Code of Conduct
Scam Alert: Fraudsters targeting Attorney’s trust accounts
The Legal Practice Council appoints an Executive Officer
The Cape Bar vs Minister of Justice and Correctional Services, LPC & Others
We’ll Show You How It’s Done
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Legal Practice Council and its Provincial Councils regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal practitioners.
The Legal Practice Council confirms no leak of the Attorney’s admission examination papers
Download Here RISK ALERT BULLETIN APRIL 2020
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) In light of the Coronavirus outbreak, the Legal Practice Council (LPC) urges all legal practitioners planning to attend international conferences or workshops and also planning to welcome visitors from around the country and globally to...
Media Statement The LPC urges the public to report misconducts by legal practitioners following the Closure and Investigation
The LPC urges the public to report misconducts by legal practitioners following the Closure and Investigation the Masters’ Offices The Legal Practice Council (LPC), has noted the Special Investigation Unit investigation on allegations of maladministration, corruption...
The above matter refers. Kindly be advised that Council at its meeting which was held on 13 December 2019, notifies the legal profession that: - 1. the Notice dated 04 March 2019 relating to Examination Language is withdrawn. 2. the withdrawal is done to allow the...
Roelofse AJ  Out with the old — in with the new. The Legal Practice Act, 2014 ('the Act')' introduced an entirely new regime for the legal profession in South Africa. In addition, the Act introduced significant changes for persons who wish to apply be admitted and...
Legal Practitioners giving tax advice 1. The Legal Practice Council has met with representatives of the S A Revenue Service (“SARS”), at the request of SARS, to discuss issues relating to tax practitioners. 2. Section 240(1) of the Tax Administration Act of 2011 (“the...
Download Here Amendment to Rules 4.1 and 4.2 of LPA
11 December 2019 The Legal Practice Council welcomes the judgement on Section 26(1)(a) by the Constitutional Court The Legal Practice Council welcomes today's judgement by the Constitutional Court on Section 26(1)(a) of the Legal Practice Act 28 of 2014. The Council...
Fidelity Fund Certificate application portal The Legal Practice Council would like to inform all legal practitioners that the Fidelity Fund Certificate application portal remains open. All difficulties encountered during the application process have been noted and are...
The Legal Practice Council (“LPC”) as the regulatory body for all legal practitioners and candidate legal practitioners in South Africa is saddened by the passing of Advocate Addelaid Ann Ferreira -Watt who died after a gun, displayed in court as an exhibit,...